Olive Grove Elementary School
Please note that due to the current situation, delays are expected in processing new admissions for the upcoming school year as we are waiting for instructions and guidelines from the ministry.
If you have any inquiries regarding the status of your child on the waitlist, please send an email with your child’s name and birth date to email@example.com. You will receive a response within 1-2 business days.
Before clicking the “Waiting List Registration” link above, please note the following:
- There is a one-time, non-refundable fee of $50 to register on the waiting list
- If a spot becomes available, you will be notified via email. If you do not accept a vacancy, your name will be removed from the waiting list.
- If a spot is not available during the year, you may move to the waiting list of the following year at no extra charge.
- Students will only be registered into the grade based on their birthdate (according to the Ontario system).
- All information provided must be correct otherwise the registration is void.
- All applicants must pass an assessment test.
- Priority for the waiting list is based on:
- Children of full-time staff
- Siblings of current students
- Date of registration to the waiting list
- Unfortunately, there is no priority for admission to MAC OGS based on donations or volunteer work.
- We wish all applicants get a chance to enroll and experience education at OGS. However, having your child on the waitlist DOES NOT necessarily guarantee your child a spot at OGS or OGHS due to limited spaces, priority system and admission assessment requirements.
- Sometimes a spot may become available for only one of your children on the waitlist. If you choose to enroll this child, other siblings on the waitlist will receive priority listings on subsequent school years.
Students must pass the admission test in order to be accepted to Olive Grove School.
For the 2022-23 school year, students on the waiting list, who are candidates for admission, will be contacted for assessment whenever spots become available. The full registration package will be emailed to candidate parents.
Those parents who decline the invitation for admission will lose their priority on the waiting list and need to re-register in the waiting list for future admission opportunities to MAC OGS.
For candidates who have been contacted by the office for potential admission to OGS, please print the registration package or pick up one from the office. Please take note;
- All candidate students will be assessed before admission can be granted.
- JK, SK, and Grade 1 candidates’ assessments will be administered one to one by our teaching staff. Parents are not part of this assessment process.
- Grades 2 to 8 candidates will have a written assessment and may involve a personal interview.
- Assessment results will be communicated to parents via email. The result can be one of the following:
- Admission granted
- Conditional admission granted
- Admission declined
- Re-assessment required
- For those who want to apply for a subsidy from MAC Education Fund, please check your eligibility.
Approximate waiting periods
As of January 2022, spots will be available in the 2022-2023 academic year only if a current student withdraws from the school. Please keep this in mind when registering on the waiting list.
The following number of students are on the waiting list for 2022-2023.
Grade 8: 121
Grade 7: 194
Grade 6: 161
Grade 5: 198
Grade 4: 191
Grade 3: 253
Grade 2: 189
Grade 1: 161