MAC Islamic School derives its mission and vision from the belief that future generations of young Muslims need both consciousness of their creator, Almighty Allah (God), and excellence in attitude and academics to succeed. This is achieved by raising the standards of education by focusing on the development of Islamic manners and good moral characters amongst our students, while simultaneously raising the academic standards by exceeding Alberta Education curriculum requirements. Our school strives to develop outstanding students who will be role models for future generations by combining academic excellence with an Islamic lifestyle.
- Respect: We will respect ourselves, and the world around us; showing kindness, consideration, and care about people’s rights. We take pride in Islam, our school, community, and achievements.
- Responsibility: We will act with a considered sense of fairness, truthfulness, justice, and openness. We must accept the responsibilities and consequences of our actions.
- Collaboration: We will work with other individuals as a team, demonstrating effective interaction, communication, insight, reflection, and eagerness to learn.
- Patience: We will control ourselves and staying calm even when things are not going smoothly, and we will accept the difficulties in work without complaining.
- Excellence: We will be looking for the best in our work and actions through courage and perseverance.
MAC Islamic School provides students the necessary tools to be righteous Muslims, innovative thinkers, and successful lifelong learners through quality inclusive education in an Islamic environment.
At MAC Islamic School, we expect students to:
- Be respectful and courteous to each other and to the school personnel,
- Respect the class time and schedule,
- Bring all the necessary supplies and homework assignments,
- Follow classroom expectations and guidelines,
- Be honest and truthful,
- Honor our faith and their parents
- Be tolerant of diversity and differences of opinion,
- Avoid using any form of violence or objectionable language,
- Bring healthy food and beverages to the school every day,
- Keep the school clean and tidy,
- Respect and protect the school property,
- Move in safe manner inside the school,
- Behave with good conduct in school, on school grounds, on the bus, and during school activities in and out of school,
- Cooperate fully with everyone authorized by the Board to provide education programs and other services,
- Comply with the rules of the school and be accountable to teachers for his/her conduct.