(EQAO: 2013-2014, 2012-2013, 2011-2012)
Academics and Sports
- Grade 6 student won the MAC Quran Competition and a $500 scholarship
- OGS Inter-Islamic School Spelling Bee, where 12 schools competed, our student winners were:
o Grade 6-8 Division: Silver Medal
o Grade 4-5 Division: Silver Medal
o Grade 2-3 Division: Gold Medal
o Grade 1 Division: Gold and Silver Medal
- Inter-Islamic School Arabic Spelling Bee, held as ISNA Elementary School:
o Grade 5 student: Gold Medal
o Grade 4 student: Bronze Medal
- Our Junior and Senior Boys’ Basketball teams brought home silver and bronze!
- The Junior and Senior Girls’ Basketball teams won gold and silver!
- OGS Senior Volleyball team won GOLD and Senior Girls’ team won bronze!
- OGS Junior Volleyball team brought home bronze
- 2 students, Gr 6 & 7, placed 2nd in the Dar-Al-Tawheed Poetry Competition.
- OGS collected over 300 items during MAC’s Annual Hats & Mitts Campaign and donated charitable organizations like Muslim Welfare Centre and Sakeenah Homes to provide winter care packages for Afghan refugee families.
- OGS participated in Mayor Crombie’s annual Food Drive and together collected food items enough to provide 2278 meals
- OGS collectively participated in the Terry Fox Run and raised $1878.62 for cancer research.
- One of our Grade 8 students was selected by Royal Ontario Museum for his artwork “Ar-Razzaq” (the provider of sustenance for all His creations). Only 50 pieces were selected out of 2300 submissions!
- One of our Grade 6 students made the student honour roll for the Mathematica Centrum competition in 2021, ranking 35th with 2984 students participating!
- OGS made the school honour roll in the Mathematica Centrum Thales Competition in 2021!
- Our Kindergartens placed second all across Canada in a global celebration of Mathematics on World Math Day!
14 students from Grade 6 and 20 students from grades 7 & 8 have received Honour with Distinction Certificate from the University of Waterloo ‘Beaver Computing Challenge’, competing against 4700 students
- Three of our Grade 6 students scored perfect in the competition
- OGMS students participated in the Debates for Inter-School Competition (DISC) by EduBliss Systems and won Silver medal
- OGMS students secured first and second places in the first ever Inter-Islamic School Speech Competition hosted by Al-Huda Elementary School and brought home the Winning School Trophy
- Grade 8 student team participated in the STEM Hacks 2020 event at McMaster University and secured first place along with first place by one of our students in an individual category
- OGS hosted the 4th Islamic Heritage Open House to strengthen ties with our neighbours and educate them about our deen and heritage.
- As part of the Islamic Heritage Month, OGS took part of the ‘Inspiring Inventions’ Play on the road and displayed the Muslim contribution to education at Arnott Charlton Public School.
- OGS planted 360 trees as part of the City’s campaign to plant one million trees with Mississauga Parks & Forestry.
- OGS also participated in Mayor Crombie’s City Wide Food Drive by collecting over 1000 items.
- We also participated in MAC’s Hats, Mitts and Socks Drive and donated over 1000 items to different charities like ICNA Relief and Safetynet Charities.
- OGHS won multiple awards at DECA Regionals.
- Two of our High School students won first and second place in MAC Youth National Photography Contest.
- OGHS students participated in MAC’s Hope & Pray in the Six event in collaboration with United Way to end poverty in Toronto.
- Both the Senior Boys’ as well as Senior Girls’ Basketball teams won Silver in the Inter-Islamic School Tournament.
- High School Girls’ Basketball team brought home Gold!
- OGS is ranked the second top school in the City’s One Million Trees Mississauga Campaign
- OGS Girls’ and Boys’ Soccer teams bring home Gold and Silver.
- OGS Boys’ and Girls’ Volleyball teams make us proud by winning Silver
- OGS Boys’ Basketball teams proudly bring home Gold and Bronze
- OGS ranked #1 Elementary School in Mississauga by the Fraser Institute
- OGS Parent Advisory Council organized Eid Toy Drive and donated toys to the Hospital for Sick kids
- Collaborated with Shaw Cable and Tree Canada/Arbres Canada in tree planting effort
- OGS Volleyball and Soccer teams bring Gold and Silver
- Won the elementary school competition in Mayor Crombie’s Food Drive Challenge by bringing 2879 meals via Mississauga Food Bank
- OGS Parent Advisory Council organized an Eid Toy Drive and collected 120 items to be donated to Peel Children’s Aid
- OGS Girls’ and Boys’ soccer teams won Gold and Silver
- Participated in the ‘Let’s talk Science’ challenge and won the Spirit Award at University of Toronto
- OGS in partnership with PAC donated 250 toys to Hospital for Sick Kids via their annual Eid Toy Drive (2016)
- Two OGS teams win 1st and 2nd positions in the Mississauga Dragon Boat Race, competing against several public schools (2016)
- OGS Boys’ and Girls’ Soccer teams bring home Gold
- OGS in partnership with PAC raised $1000 for the Mississauga Animal Services (2016)
- In partnership with PAC, OGS donated 5000 items via our Hats and Mitts Campaign for the Syrian Newcomers to Canada (2015)
- OGS students win the First Lego League’s ‘Rookie Team’ award as well as ‘Coach/Mentor’ award (2015)
- Donated 150 Toys to Muslim Welfare Center via PAC’s annual Eid Toy Drive (2015)
- OGS Hifz students secured second place in the McMaster MSA Qiratul Quran Competition (2015)
- OGS was placed among top 5 tree planters in the City’s ‘One million Trees Mississauga’ Campaign
- Girls’ and Boys’ Basketball teams win Bronze (2014)
- #1 Elementary School in Mississauga by Fraser Institute (2013-2014)
- OGS receives the Award of Distinction given by the Credit Valley Conservation for planting over 1700 trees over 7 years and engaging youth in environmental awareness and initiatives (2013)
- Grade 4 student gets published in the Creative Communication spring essay contest
- Grade 6 student wins second place at Qera’tul-Quran Competition at McMaster university
- Senior boys win silver in Inter-Islamic School Volleyball Tournament
- Third place at the Mississauga DragonBoat Festival held at Mississauga Canoe Club (2013)
- Senior girls win gold in Inter-Islamic School Basketball, Volleyball and Soccer Tournaments (2013)
- Grade 8 student places 3rd among 50+ students in math competition run by PEO (Professional Engineers of Ontario)
- OGS rated #1 elementary school in Mississauga by Fraser Institute (2012-12013)
- Grade 8 Student accepted in the Legislative Page Program (educational opportunity for Ontario’s outgoing, high-achieving, community-involved grade 7 and 8 students who have demonstrated responsibility and leadership)
- First place at the Mississauga DragonBoat Festivalheld at Mississauga Canoe Club (2011)
- Honourable mention at the Peel Science Fair in 2010 and 2011
- Girls and Boys’ Soccer teams won Gold and Bronze at the Inter-Islamic School Soccer Tournament (2011)
- Attained the third round at the Canwest Regional Spelling Bee (2011)
- Second place at the Mississauga Dragon Boat Festival held at Mississauga Canoe Club (2010)
- First place at the Inter-Islamic School Basketball Tournament (2011)
- First place at the Inter-Islamic School Spelling Bee (2010 and 2011)
- First place at Canada’s Wonderland “Build a Roller Coaster” Competition (2010)
- First place at Qira’atual Quran Competition in grade 5 division held by McMaster University and second overall school (2010)
- Second place at the Inter-Islamic School Soccer Tournament (2010)
- Third place at the Inter-Islamic School Basketball Tournament (2010)
- Four students in the top 50 at the Brock University Online Math Competition (2010)
- Grade 2 student was chosen to talk about “Sustainable Development” at Hatch, an engineering company (2010)
- Third place at Canada’s Wonderland “Build a Roller Coaster” Competition (2009)
Sports Achievement Highlights
Highlights of our students’ performance in the Inter-Islamic School tournaments since 2010
- Senior Girls’ Soccer team wins Gold
- Junior Girls’ Soccer team wins Silver
- Senior and Junior Boys’ Soccer teams win Silver
- Boys’ and Girls’ Volleyball teams win Silver
- Senior Boys’ Basketball team wins Gold
- Junior Boys’ Basketball team wins Bronze
- Girls’ Volleyball team wins Gold
- Boys’ Volleyball team wins Silver
- Senior Girls’ Soccer team brings Gold
- Senior Boys’ Soccer team brings Gold
- Junior Boys’ Soccer team brings Silver
- Senior Boys’ Soccer team brings Gold
- Both Senior and Junior Girls’ Soccer teams bring Gold
- Both Girls’ and Boys’ Basketball teams win Gold
- Senior Girls’ Basketball, Volleyball and Soccer teams win Gold
- Senior Boys’ Volleyball team wins Silver
- Girls’ Soccer team brings Gold
- Boys’ Soccer team brings Bronze
- Secure 1st place in Inter-Islamic School Basketball Tournament
- Placed 3rd in Inter-Islamic School Basketball Tournament
- Placed 2nd in Inter-Islamic School Soccer Tournament
Islamic and Community Activities and Donations
- Raised $3277.75 for our Orphan Sponsorship Drive
- Hosted Islamic Heritage Event for the past 3 years in the Islamic Heritage month, generating information and awareness about Islam in the society and building ties with the Non-Muslim Community
- Raised over $3100 for Terry Fox Foundation in “National School Run” since 2010
- Raised $1500 for Palestine in 2009
- Raised over $300 for breast cancer research in 2009
- Home to the Inter-Islamic School Spelling Bee since 2007
- Raised over $15,932.42 for the Heart and Stroke Foundation since 2007
- Sponsored three orphans in Palestine in 2007
- Donated hundreds of pounds of food to the local food banks since 2006
- Planted 2717 trees in neighbourhood parks since 2006
- Participate in MAC-GIVE’s annual Hats, Mitts & Socks campaign every year