Olive Grove Elementary School
Please note that due to the current situation, delays are expected in processing new admissions for the upcoming school year as we are waiting for instructions and guidelines from the ministry.
If you have any inquiries regarding the status of your child on the waitlist, please send an email with your child’s name and birth date to email@example.com. You will receive a response within 1-2 business days.
Before clicking the “Waiting List Registration” link above, please note the following:
- There is a one-time, non-refundable fee of $50 to register on the waiting list
- If a spot becomes available, you will be notified via email. If you do not accept a vacancy, your name will be removed from the waiting list.
- If a spot is not available during the year, you may move to the waiting list of the following year at no extra charge.
- Students will only be registered into the grade based on their birthdate (according to the Ontario system).
- All information provided must be correct otherwise the registration is void.
- All applicants must pass an assessment test.
- Priority for the waiting list is based on:
- Children of full-time staff
- Siblings of current students
- Date of registration to the waiting list
- Unfortunately, there is no priority for admission to MAC OGS based on donations or volunteer work.
- We wish all applicants get a chance to enroll and experience education at OGS. However, having your child on the waitlist DOES NOT necessarily guarantee your child a spot at OGS or OGHS due to limited spaces, priority system and admission assessment requirements.
- Sometimes a spot may become available for only one of your children on the waitlist. If you choose to enroll this child, other siblings on the waitlist will receive priority listings on subsequent school years.
Students must pass the admission test in order to be accepted to Olive Grove School.
For 2020-21 school year, students on the waiting list, who are candidates for admission, will be contacted for assessment whenever spots become available. The full registration package will be emailed to candidate parents.
For those parents who decline the invitation for admission will lose their priority on the waiting list and need to re-register in the waiting list for future admission opportunity to MAC OGS.
For candidates who have been contacted by the office for potential admission to OGS, please print the registration package or pickup one from the office. Please take note;
- All candidate students will be assessed before admission can be granted.
- JK, SK and grade 1 candidates’ assessment will be administered one to one by our teaching staff. Parents are not part of this assessment process.
- Grades 2 to 8 candidates will have a written assessment and may involve a personal interview.
- Assessment results will be communicated to parents via email. The result can be one of the following:
- Admission granted
- Conditional admission granted
- Admission declined
- Re-assessment required
- For those who want to apply for subsidy from MAC Education Fund, please check your eligibility. MAC Education Fund Application and criteria
Approximate waiting periods
As of March 2020, spots will be available in the 2020-2021 academic year only if a current student withdraws from the school. Please keep this in mind when registering on the waiting list.
The following number of students are on the waiting list for 2020-2021.
Grade 8: 62
Grade 7: 149
Grade 6: 157
Grade 5: 216
Grade 4: 207
Grade 3: 252
Grade 2: 175
Grade 1: 225