Hours of Instruction and Recess:
The program offers 3 hours of Quran memorization daily between the hours of 8:30- 11:30 AM with short breaks in between instruction. There will always be an instructor present during this time teaching the rules of tajweed, then listening each student. We are proud to follow a unique system utilized by our sister school Al Furqan Ottawa. Our Quranic instructor has ijaaza to teach the Quran.
Our Academic program consists of a total of 4 hours of regular schooling based on the Ontario curriculum. In the 4 hours there is also time allotted for Lunch and recess. There are adjacent park, library, skating rink and YMCA facilities. Regular use of the adjacent YMCA facilities is included with enrollment.
Admission Criteria: Is your child suited to this program?
This is a specialized program with limited spots. This program is designed specifically for the students that have shown an independent enthusiasm to learning and memorizing the Quran. This program is not designed for every student and parent as we have specific criteria that we are following in order to make this program successful. All students must meet the admission criteria listed below:
- Submit their most recent Academic report card, which must demonstrate excellent grades and no behavioural issues.
- Have a strong interest in learning and memorizing the entire Quran
- Have fluency in Quran reading
- Successfully complete the Student Suitability Assessment interview with the program administration and qualified teachers
- Will have memorized completely or more than half of Juzz ‘Amma by September
Additionally, all parents or guardians must agree to the following terms:
- Parents or guardians must be willing to provide daily support for the student to complete all academic targets.
- Parents or guardians must be willing to work with your child daily on Quran revision. If your child works well independently, your child may need less assistance from you
- This program may require up to 2 hours of daily homework and / revision work after-school. The entire family is responsible for providing a structured and calm environment to help the student achieve their daily memorization and academic goals.
- The fees for the current academic year at $450/month paid in advance and a resource fee of $300. Fees are subject to change depending on the number of students accepted. The parents or guardians are responsible for all fees of this Ontario Private School program