OGS is excited to be the pilot school for launching of MAC iRISE. In the school year 2017-18, only Grades 4-6 participated in this program. The program has now been extended to all grades 1-10.
iRISE is an evidence-based, community-driven, character education program whereby students embody Islamic values and acquire relevant life skills to meet the 21st-century challenges, rooted in developing a strong relationship with Allah SWT.
Our vision for iRISE is to encourage students to embody the Islamic character; to reach their full potential; to have a strong sense of responsibility and care; and to be prepared to rise above any challenges they may face.
iRISE stands for:
- i: symbolizes personal connection to Allah SWT and ownership of the values
- Rabbaniyah: Developing faith and being God-centered
- Integrity: Strong internally-driven moral principles
- Service: Acting upon one’s responsibility with respect to all concentric circles: from individual to family to society to the world
- Excellence: Developing knowledge, skills and personal attributes to reach one’s full potential
We are excited for our students to embark on this journey to rise to please Allah SWT; rise to do what’s right; rise to care for others; and rise to do their best.