MAC Islamic School. Let's rise to please Allah SWT.
The Muslim Association of Canada (MAC) and the Edmonton Muslim Community established the MAC Islamic School (MIS) in 2013. MIS is a registered full time accredited Elementary and Junior High school serving children from Preschool to grade nine. Currently, we have an enrolment of over four hundred students from Preschool to grade nine, from varying cultural backgrounds. At MIS, we are committed to mainstreaming Islamic values and teaching through our holistic iRISE approach, firmly centred around one’s relationship with Allah SWT. We cover the Alberta Education curriculum, including Quran, Arabic, and Islamic Studies.
Why Choose MIS?
- Ministry licensed Preschool and Kindergarten
- Alberta Certified Teachers
- Enriched Reading program for Preschool to Grade 9
- Quran, Arabic, and integrated Islamic Studies program
- After school programs focusing on the Quran, art, reading, sports and more!
- Active Parent and Student Councils
- Culturally diverse staff and student body
- iRISE, STEM, EnrichIt!, Extra-Curricular and After School Clubs and Programs
- Large, Well equipped classrooms with Smartboards & Chromebooks
- A Full Gymnasium, Auditorium, and Outdoor Playground
- Low Teacher to Student Ratios
- Affordable Tuition Fees
MAC Islamic School facilitates students achieving high levels of academic success and provides students with the tools to deepen their Islamic faith.
The dedicated faculty, management committee and parent council are continually working towards continuous improvement in leadership and pedagogy to empower our students with the skills to succeed.
*Picture take Pre-Covid
*Picture take Pre-Covid
MAC Islamic School currently provides a structured faith-based environment for students from Preschool through Junior High.
The courses of study that make up the curriculum meet the educational standards that Alberta certified teachers are required to teach from the Alberta Program of Studies and for students to write the provincial achievement tests.
Small Class Sizes
Our low student-teacher ratio in each grade allows teachers to provide individualized attention to help students reach their highest potential and to assist each child with the challenges of school work and life experiences.
Teachers are highly dedicated and committed to engaging and motivating students in their learning and encouraging students to develop confidence in their abilities. We are creating a sense of family, a climate of respect, and a spirit of cooperation.